Monday, April 5, 2010

Dave Matthews Band concert poster




















What I was hoping to achieve from my design was a creative concert poster featuring the Dave Matthews Band. I chose this band because I know they’re really popular among this University’s student body. I wanted anyone who saw the poster to find it appealing and want to go to the concert.

There were a lot of decisions made throughout the creation of my poster. I had to decide which fonts worked best together and didn’t make the poster look too crowded. I also had to decide what pictures I would use on the poster if I was going to use any. In the end, I chose a picture of all the members of the band and using Photoshop I cut them out of the background. I chose to use a blue color for the background because I thought it looked like the most appealing color.

Nothing was really too challenging to this project but I did have trouble deciding where to place words on the poster. I have a tendency to put the words in a straight line but I know that this is not creatively appealing. The only other thing that was a pain to do was cutting out the picture of the band on Photoshop. It was a long tedious process. I solved these problems by making sure I didn’t put the words in straight lines and also by just working on the photo really hard.

I’m most proud of my overall project and how it turned out. I really like the colors and fonts I used. I think the poster came out really good and I think that most people would want to go to the concert if they saw my poster. The date and place on the poster is when the Dave Matthews Band will really be playing there and some of my friends who are going to that concert thought my poster was really neat.

If I had more time I probably would have tried out different fonts and made my poster a little bit more creative. I would have played around with the colors and maybe even used a different picture. It all depends but overall I like my final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment