Thursday, April 15, 2010

BiBi Cards














Quark Bibi Card














InDesign Bibi Card









I chose to duplicate this card because I thought it was challenging but not too challenging enough to do with both Quark and InDesign. I anticipated having problems with InDesign.

The fonts I chose were obvious because I was duplicating the exact fonts that were on the card. The entire Arial type family (Arial Black, Arial Narrow, Arial Bold, Arial Bold Italic, and Arial Narrow Regular) was used for both my Quark and InDesign BiBi cards. For the back of the BiBi card, the font were also a few of the Arial ones and then for the signature E L L E font, the font used was Bodoni STD.

Some of the problems I encountered when duplicating cards was using the program InDesign. I’m more experienced with Quark than InDesign so using the new program was a challenge for me and got me very frustrated. Also, trying to do the gradient on the yellow circle on both programs was very challenging. I solved this problem after getting frustrated and with the help of Sofia we finally figured it out.

I would say that I am really proud of my BiBi cards duplications because they look so real! If I had more time I wouldn’t change anything because I think my cards look accurate and perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment